Enterprise Supplier Development
Cell C- Enterprise Supplier Development (ESD) Initiative
Insika Foundation in partnership with Cell C conducted nationwide workshops in all nine provinces in South Africa in support of Enterprise Supplier Development (ESD).
The main objectives of the workshops were to capacitate Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises (SMMEs) in respect of the following:
- Improving BBBEE ratings,
- Improving SMME performance overall,
- Reducing costs,
- Resolving quality issues,
- Identifying and developing new business streams,
- Improving business alignment between the beneficiary and the sponsoring organisation,
- Developing a product or service that is not easily accessible in the market, and
- Generating competition for a high price.
The project ensured that an inclusive approach was taken in selection of beneficiaries along the socio-economic dimensions of:
- Small, Medium and Micro enterprises,
- Informal sectors,
- Rural entrepreneurs,
- Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDIs), and
- People Living with Disabilities.