My name is Mdletshe Nokukhanya Samukelisiwe and I grew up in a rural area called Hluhluwe in KZN. I was fortunate and landed an opportunity to be an intern at the Department of home Affairs where I was placed in the Finance Department. During my time as an Intern I learnt a lot about time management, dedication to my work, and working as part of a team. My allocated duties and tasks included:
- Capturing the daily invoices to keep record,
- Receiving and making calls both internally and to external clients,
- Preparing quotations for our office needs,
- Depositing cash timeously,
- Controlling the issuing of petty cash and also replenishing of petty cash,
- Processing payment of invoices within 30 days
- Controlling proper budgeting,
- Filing finance records,
- Ensuring the Monthly Paymaster General is submitted monthly,
- Making the marriage bookings for clients, and
- Assisting at Civil Services Department.
Today, I am so confident about myself and I am holding a diploma in Business management. I wish that Insika Foundation should continue to assist other learners as they me. I am grateful!